Saturday, December 23, 2006

17,500...


...vertical feet of skiing today. And what a fun day! Perfect. Mid 30s, sunshiny, no lift lines, run after run, after run. Rich took me on lots of new stuff today, and I loved it! I had to do steep and deep, and steep and bumpy today; what I discovered is I need a lot more practice, but I'm really having a blast learning! That first turn as you're looking (seemingly) straight down a bumpy black diamond slope is daunting, for sure. Today was only my second day this year, I will master this by the end of the season (hopefully sooner)! One thing that was awesome today was when we were on the lift, there was a, probably, 6 year old girl heading down a black diamond bumpy slope, when we hear her holler, "Powder!" as she dove in with a big, 'ol grin on her face! Pretty dang cool. Hot tub and wine round out a perfect ski day.

No comments: