Monday, April 6, 2009

Gettin Old

Another snowy weekend here in the Wasatch. While it has been other worldly for the skiers, for those of us trying to train for summer activities it has been difficult.. to say the least. Maybe I am gettin too old to drag my sorry ass out there to train, but I WANT TO WEAR SHORTS!!!!! Having the worst run I can remember on saturday (snowing, 40, hip pain at 8 miles, walking alternately at 10, only 13 miles in 2 hrs... boo who, cry, wine...) left me with little motivation for a nice day on sunday to ride for more than 1.5 hrs. I went home and rode indoors for another watching Flanders. The only way for me to explain it is I am old, well maybe I'm a sissy too, but I'm sticking with old. Being old though, has given me a renewed desire to train hard, get out there so I can get this Ironman thing out of the way. So this week, I will get my 15 hours in....regardless. Anyone for 4 hour ride this weekend?

rk

No comments: