Sunday, October 31, 2010

Double Cross


Cyclocross season is here!! I have had a couple races already, but this week was a double cross weekend. One saturday and one sunday. I am too old and out of racing shape for that. I have been racing in the Men's Masters A category, always have in the past and finished mid-pack, but this year, I am lucky to finish on the same lap. Usually last, or near the bottom. This week was 3rd to last. Sunday, I decided to race on my singlespeed because it is only 40 minutes, not an hour. Things didn't go much better. I was 2nd to last. Though, I was totally undergeared, compared to a number of the people. Live and learn. I did have fun though, in a tiring, brutal way. No Crashes!!

Saturday night we went to eat at Metropolitan, then to the Ballet. Carmina Berona was the first of the season. It was very nice. Great music, a little different ballet, as it mixed modern dance in, but good none the less. Ballet 2 is Nutcracker in December.

Lastly, speaking of old, give a shout out to Brian this week as he turns the big 40!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No cyclocross here in the east...We had our first snow overnight! Everyone was slipping and sliding around in the traffic this AM...DAD