Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In Memorium


"Today I took my last breath" ... so began the obituary of one of the most remarkable people I've ever known. LuAnn wrote her own obit as she was losing the fight with ovarian cancer. And it was a grand fight, for she never seemed to give up. Unfortunately, for those who have known her and loved her, she lost the fight last Friday. I’ve known LuAnn for a relatively short time, since we've moved here, but in that short time she had a profound effect on me; LuAnn was that kind of person. She radiated warmth and always had a positive aura around her, a sparkle in her eye and a smile on her face. LuAnn was such a genuine person that she always made people feel welcomed and comfortable around her and in her home. Even in her most difficult times, even when she was in pain, she exuded this warmth toward others, what an amazing person to be able to do that! LuAnn had such a strong spirit that she fought her cancer with grace and dignity through to the end; she is truly an inspiration to us all. If I could live life with half the spirit, courage and positive attitude that she always showed, I’d be a lucky person, indeed. I will think of her and remember her strength and her courage when life’s little trivialities are getting me down to help put things in perspective and become a better person. LuAnn was truly remarkable and it is truly a gift to have been able to know her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still remember the first time I brought Joe over to your house and LuAnn was there. She picked him up and made silly faces til Joe was laughing like there no tomorrow. She will be greatly missed.

Lou