Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friendship

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

So, I'm going to get serious for a minute here, wander a little bit astray from the usual blog type entries. I'm going to talk about Friendship. I was just so impressed and touched by the generosity of my two friends April and Jody this evening that it got me thinking about how utterly blessed I am to have such great friends in my life. From my longest, dearest friend, Bea, to the newest friends that I have here in Salt Lake City. It never ceases to amaze me how kind and thoughtful and amazing all of these people are and what an honor it is to know them and how much better my life is for having them in it. I often wonder... what the heck did I ever do to deserve this? They say that a man's character and greatness is judged by the friends that he keeps... if that is true, I must be of the highest character and greatness there can be, because all of you, my dear, wonderful friends, who I love so much, have made me who I am and I would not be the person I am today without you. Thank you for all you have given me.
"I count myselt in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."
- William Shakespeare

No comments: