Saturday, December 20, 2008

How Quickly Things Change


A week after the "perfect bike day" we were cross country skiing up East Canyon. Since then it has been doing nothing but dumping snow... I think we've shoveled a total of about 2 feet off the driveway in the last week! Of course, this is fine with us as we love the winter, especially in SLC. The snow makes the mountains unimaginably beautiful and, of course, is great for skiing! Unfortunately, we havent been up to downhill ski yet - just havent been able to fit it in, looking at going tomorrow - although the high temps are supposed to be ZERO - might not be too bad if the wind is calm. Today, we are heading to Mountain Dell for a skate ski clinic, well, I"m taking it, Rich is just skating as he's already pretty proficient at it. Want a good cardio workout?? Try skate skiing - it's amazingly hard! haha. I've gone about 10 times over the past couple of winters, if I can go more often I think I can get better - I better, as I'm doing a winter triathlon in January which include skate skiing! Yikes!
For those of you who havent been out to visit, I'm putting in some pictures of "where we live". As I was driving home the other day I couldnt resist snapping pictures out my car window (probably not the smartest thing!) because the mountains and the area looked so pretty. It's a great place to be!!
Hope everyone has a great Christmas! More on the holidays later!

No comments: