Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend Fun in the Snow

Lots to do when the snow falls! Although we didnt get up skiing yet we still had a ton of fun without gravity! On Saturday, I attended a skate ski clinic with Rhonda, Andy, Tam and Lara... Rich went, too, but didnt do the clinic - he and his friend Zach did laps around us! Tam and I will be participating in a winter triathlon in which one leg is skate skiing so we thought some instruction would be a good idea. The clinic was put on by the race and was free - great! We also were given water bottles, gel and very nice running hats! I've skated a handful of times before, but am always looking for pointers on technique. With skate skiing, it's all about technique, the better you are the easier it is. Tam, Rhonda and Andy had never tried it before. We had a lot of fun, but it was very cold...mainly because we werent' moving for so much of the instruction. Once we got to do a couple of laps on our own we warmed right up!
On Sunday, Rich needed to do some Christmas errands and swim - it's his only day off this week as he is on call for Christmas and working all week, so........ I couldnt get him up skiing and I didnt want to go by myself. No worries - I called my friend Eli to see if she wanted to play - lucky for me, she was just getting ready to go for a hike up in the foothills behind the University. We had a great hike on and around the Shoreline trail! That's it! Happy Weekend!

No comments: