Sunday, September 6, 2009

PCP2P



What a day, literally. 75mles, 14,000' of climbing, 90% singletrack, lots of back aching, triceps aching, grip all but gone and it is done. The 1st annual Park City point to point race was a success. For a first time race, everything was very well organized. A tremedously well marked course. Lots of luck from some awesome rainbows and the day was bound to be a success. I finished in 8 hours and 57 minutes. Good enough for 3rd placed old man. Karen was busy the entire day volunteering at the race. Interestingly she got all the same swag and goodies the racers did, but didn't have to torture herself? For the day it was a nice cool day, some sun, some rain, lots of clouds, some wind, great day for that kind of race. For my race stats, I burned 8852 calories, average HR 152. I estimate I only took in 2000-2500 calories, so I figure I lost a pound or two!! Hmm, maybe I should go eat some fun stuff!!!

No comments: