Saturday, February 10, 2007

End of the Line

Well, it is the last day of the conference and no snow, so no alpine skiing. Though the mountain looks very nice and skiable (kinda of Deer Valley, meets Blackcomb), sice I have never skied in Colorado, and there is crappy snow, I don't want to bias myself against it. I think if there was consistent good snow here it would be incredible. I think in 5 years it will be another Whistler (over built, crowded and suffering from need for snow). Anyway, maybe I'm biased, from the slopes of Alta and Solitude (retro, quiet, and just skiing, none of the other crap). No pictures today, I forgot the camera when I skied. Skated up the town trail today to the old mill at the top of the canyon. What a great view at the edge of the canyon. A towering bowl of rock and pines about 2000'-3000' high above the town floor. Lots of old mining roads go up. May need to explore in the summer. Apparently there is a running race from Ohrey(? sp) to Telluride which follows the old road up and over the peaks. May need to investigate. Tommorrow it's back to home and the real world.

rk

No comments: