Sunday, February 25, 2007

Quintessential

–noun
1. the pure and concentrated essence of a substance.
2. the most perfect embodiment of something.
Yesterday. The quintessential ski day. Perfect. Beautiful. Fluffy new powder. Challenging runs. Perfect runs. Sore muscles. Hard falls. Tiring. Exhilarating. Perfect.

Today, we are recovering. :-) Rich hurt his ankle. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Excellent. Perfect. Just the way it ought to be after six hours of hard skiing in powder. I'm saddened, yet happy. Saddened because this will be my last day of skiing for the year, and happy because it was such a great day to finish on. After my procedure on Wednesday, cumadin will keep me off the slopes and away from activities where I may fall hard, for three months - too potentially dangerous. I guess I'll become a runner. :-)

Peace,
Karen & Rich

No comments: