Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Telluride Resort



Well, I have arrived here at The Peaks Resort at Telluride. It took about 6 hours from Salt Lake. WOW, what a beautiful drive!! Not only thru the redrock and cliffs of Moab, UT, but also thru the La Sal Mtns and San Juan Mtns. Driving thru San Miguel canyon in Colorado was awesome!! Redrock walls, tall pines, river along the road...WOW!! The Peaks is a very nice place (not my world though). This is a long way from the farm in Lebanon!! Most of the things here cost more than my whole extended family would make in a decade!? Very nice room, (reminds me of the hotel at solitude on our wedding night). Looks at the peaks (with a crane and construction in the way). The upper village here is very reminiscent of Verbier in Switzerland.

Well, I hope to keep you updated of the time here. Seems nice, but not much snow for 8000' feet. I think Utah wins that battle.

rk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, man! I wish I was there!! Miss you honey!! :-)

Karen