Sunday, March 4, 2007

Worshiping in Devil's Castle...



Wow!! What a day. From the title you all may think I have gone over the edge. Well, today I may have... a few times!! A day of worship at Alta in the area called Devil's Castle. Since Karen has not been able to ski, I decided today, I am going to ski everything that Karen has more brains than to ski. I started on the hike to Devil's castle... and kept going back. I wonder if this is what they mean by being seduced to the dark side. Kind of ironic on such a beautiful sunday (45, sunny, recent 6 feet of snow) that the best skiing was in Devil's Castle, as evidenced by the traiffic jam to get in. A few more trips here, then one to the backside to "rest" my legs, than back to play with the Devil. Though it seemed tracked out from the lift, it was all powder base and NO ROCKS!! Not utah powder, but having lived in seattle for awhile I was used to the heavier stuff (still lighter than there). After skiing for 3 hours and then having no more legs, I came home.


Karen is doing well recovering from her heart procedure (again), so we went for a walk up city creek. Great day, lots of walkers and bike riders. Almost makes me feel guilty not riding my bike. Soon!! Hopefully we will continue to get some more snow this month. They say March is the snowiest of the year here? Just some of my pics to enjoy the Utah day.

rk

2 comments:

Laura said...

Nice pics...even if it's snow. LOVE the new yellow background!

Rich said...

We had a few comments on how hard it was to read, so I changed some things. "even though it's snow??"- I thought that was the best part!!

Thanks
rk