Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back to bike season!!

Ah..so good to be back on the bike!!! A nice little MTB ride in park city yesterday and up Emigration today. A nice weekend in the 60's with partly cloudy skies. Perfect for those base miles and getting ride of the winter fat. Too bad I have more of that I wanted. Hopefully the power will come up since the weight is is up. Anyway, just doing the preliminary workouts now, while trying to figure out the summer season and possible races. Which brings me to feuling during rides. Had a Cliff shot today (vanilla), which was quite possibly the worst tasting crap that ever went in my mouth. I don't see how they call it vanilla, because it does not taste ANYTHING like vanilla. It seems I have tasted almost every brand over my 15yrs or so of racing. Now that there are an almost endless number of companies and flavors, it seems as if quality has gone out the window. I guess that proves that competition is bad for quality!! My goal for the summer is find something to fuel myself during long workouts, that tastes good (well at least tolerable), and is not ridiculously expensive. We will see. Okay, see you next week.. Paris-Roubaix is starting!!!!!!!!!!!

rk

No comments: