Sunday, April 22, 2007

SLC Half Marathon!!!

Saturday, April 25. Kathy and I ran the SLC Half Marathon - what a great race! I, personally, was very happy to be running at all, considering all the medical stuff I've been through lately. We ran comfortably and in great time - 2:12! A perfect 10 minute average pace. It was especially great because we has super support - Dad and Jane happened to be visiting this weekend and were there to cheer us on. Also, a couple of our great friends from work, Amy and Gloria, were sighted along the way giving us cheers and high fives. The weather started out pretty dang cold - a long wait for the the start in about 40 degree weather was tough, but it ended up perfect temps for running. All in all, as usual, a great experience!
Next challenge: The Wasatch Back relay!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations on your halfie! Glad you had a good time!

Rich said...

Thanks, guys! I hear you got some more snow!! Missing Arizona, I bet!!

kk