Sunday, April 1, 2007

Running for fun, Running for pain

I've been training for about three weeks for the Salt Lake Half Marathon. Although running is never exactly easy for me, I've been enjoying the work - moving my body, step by step through time and space, my footsteps on the pavement reminding me I'm alive and well and all is good. It's a liberating feeling and one that I love. To run is freedom. So, although it will be difficult, due to a short training schedule, I'm going to proceed, hoping to avoid injury from the fast acceleration of miles. April 21, Kathy and I will take on SLC.
This, then will be the kick off for training for the Wasatch Back Relay. This is a race that Rich and I are doing, along with some friends. The WB is a 178 mile relay race run through the mountains between Logan and Park City. Watch the Youtube video on this link to find out more

We might be crazy. Yep, definately crazy.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Running? Ug! Pain? Ug! Get on a horse, then they get the pain. LOL!

Rich said...

Yeah, except horses scare me! haha! I may be looking for one at 3:00 in the morning!! ugh! :-)