Saturday, June 21, 2008

1 Day to go..... The Waiting!!



Well, this is it. Down to 1 day to go. It always seems like the longest day. Maybe because we have been waiting so long, or maybe because after weeks of exercising 10-15 hours per week I am done to maybe 2-3 hours this week that I just can't sit around and do nothing. Anyway it always seems like forever.




Took a swim yesterday in the lake. Was a bit shoking initially with a lot of deep breathing for a minute or so, but really not too bad. Water is 57 and today in the mid-80's with sun should be good. I worry about the thunderstorms predicted tonight, Will the rain drop the temp a degree or 2 or 5?? Anyway, i plan to swim with foot booties to prevent my feet from freezing, like in Boise, but gloves are banned so, I think my hands will be useless for the first hour on the bike. Hope I can buckle my helmet!! Anyway, I have got my plan to push the bike a little harder than I have in the past. Hopefully I can get off the bike in 5:15 or less (prior years were 5:20, 5:25) which I think was a harder course. Anyway, Then it will all come down to the run (again). I plan to take the first half nice and easy (hopefully, 8:30 pace or so), then see if I can run a little faster on the 2nd half. It is always nice to plan, but most times the body has different plans. We'll see on race day!! I hope to finish below 10:25, which is what I did my first ironman in at age 27!! I am definately feeling the energy of everyone I know wishing me well. Keep thinking fast on race day!! Again, you can find results on http://www.ironmanlive.com/, but my last name or number (999). We'll let you know soon.