Saturday, June 28, 2008

Everything's Comin Up Roses



I was lying in my hammock (the best birthday present, ever, from Rich last year) today after our ride, recovering and looked around the yard and was struck by how amazing it looked! (if I do say so myself!). This year, with the late, wet spring has brought out the best in our gardens! The garden behind the hammock was concrete three years ago, if you remember. We took out the concrete and planted - much softer and definitely prettier. It's growing like crazy this year - the plants are easily 3-4 times as big as they were even last year.
The Veggie/Rose/Herb garden (which Rich built!) is growing better than ever this year. We have had trouble in our vegetable garden, with things not growing very well, I think we finally got the watering and soil down and it's growing much better. We had a great spinach and green onion salad the other day from our garden. The spinach was amazing. We've planted peas, cucumber, tomato, a few kinds of squash, peppers, beans. The herbs are completely out of control! I've already harvested twice and they are just ridiculously huge. Well, all is good here! Yum, yum....

No comments: