Thursday, July 31, 2008

Michigan Part 1

FRIENDS AND FAMILY!! It was so great to be back in MI and visiting my dear friends and my wonderful family. We also got to visit with Rich's awesome family as well! It's been a few years since I was able to spend any time in MI and any substantial time with anyone. I love being in MI with all the green trees and farm land. I even took pictures of the dirt roads that I miss so much! :-) Although it always seems way too rushed and not enough time in any one place, I feel like I got a pretty good dose of all the people I love so much. Never enough, but it's hard when we live so far away, I always like to encourage you all to come visit, for more one on one time! (when are you all going to learn to love skiing?!!) :-) Anyway, I got out to MI and was able to spend 4 days with Bea, and spend some time with Lori and Deanna as well. We had a blast just hanging out - it seems as if there has never been any time apart whenever we get together, it's awesome. Going back to Ann Arbor and being with my old friends is like putting on your favorite flannel shirt and slippers at the end of a long day... perfectly comfortable. Bea, Lori and I went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth... not a great movie in it own right, but it was in 3D! We had sooooooooo much fun, being goofy and carrying on! The pic with the glasses is of us after the show. :-) I was able to spend a couple of afternoons with my mom and John and we enjoyed some relaxing time cleaning out the gardens and doing some work around the house. I always wish I were closer to be able to help out my family more, so I do what I can when I visit. It's a nice way to spend time. Rich and I took Mom and John out to Common Grill for dinner after riding the Poto, and it was great, Lori joined us as well. We also spent some time up north, with Dad and Jane, and David. David treated Rich and me to lunch at the golf club he works at. I felt like I had to speak with a drawl, and say "dah-ling" a lot there! Lunch was great and it was awesome to see Dave in his element. He and Dad cooked a great dinner for us one night - yum yum!! Rich and I then went back to Milford to stay a few days and visit with his uncles and aunts. We had a great time, his family is so great! Lots of eating out, and gaining back the 4 lbs I lost before going to MI!! Worth it though! Lots of mountain biking helped keep it in check. :-) I also got to visit with my dear friend Pat. Pat and I worked together in Taylor for many years. She invited a handful of our good friends and old colleagues over for lunch and we had a ball. Lots of laughing and getting caught up. I had lunch with Jenny and her kids - one of which is my Godson, Jacob. Then on back to Ann Arbor for food and drinks with Cheryl, who is doing and looking great! We had a great time shopping, and trying on jeans! :-) A visit to our favorite old haunt, the Irish Pub topped off the evening. Then the long drive home the next day and you can read about that in Part 3! :-) Whew! A whirlwind visit but perfect all the same! I miss everyone terribly!!

No comments: