Sunday, January 28, 2007

What's Good for the Soul...


...is good for the health. That's what I always say, and sure enough, it's true. Rich and I (and Kathy on Sunday) got up to Alta to enjoy the beautiful mountains, blue sky and warmer temps. We had a blast. It felt soooooooooo good to be out moving and being physical! It's been awhile since I've been skiing, felt really really good! I still have to take it easy, no hard falls for another week or so, but that's fine, as long as I'm out there doin' it, it's all good! It was also really great to get out of the inversion that has had the valley socked in for nearly three full weeks now - with no end in sight until maybe next weekend. An inversion is when cold air is trapped down low, and with it builds up particulate matter that is very nasty. (see picture) Drive up to the mountains and escape it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: