Sunday, June 17, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Or: Why I love Mountain Biking. Today was my first ride of the year! It's been a long time, too long. Due to the procedures and the coumadin I wasnt allowed to ride til now. We rode in Park City, the Lost Prospector Trail and Round Valley. Two great trails for fresh legs! 17 miles of bliss later and I feel renewed. Why do I love Mountain Biking? Here, read this, it tells all:
SINGLETRACK AND THE SOUL
The sun rises,
on a beautiful and serene weekend morning.
The wind whispers gently,
as I stretch,
and poor my morning motivation,
one thought on my mind
Singletrack
Sweet, sweet singletrack
Pulling into the trailhead parking lot
my mind drifts to places only my soul can see
Where only my bike can take me
I hit the dirt, my spirit set free
gliding effortlessly
sailing sweetly
through trees, and meadows, and all that is good
Mud, blood, and miles later
I am transformed
my mind clear, my body strong, my heart soaring
to another place
where joy, pure, unadulterated joy, becomes
a way of life
Singletrack
Sweet, sweet singletrack.






















































.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! The Santa Cruz must be happy to have the dust brushed off!

Rich said...

Well.... dust brushed off? Not so much... just more added on! haha!
It felt GREAT!
Looking forward to a visit to CO so you all can share your trails with us!